After Dark Lighting is an independent family owned business with over forty years trading experience in decorative lighting.
We operate a large lighting showroom in Derby where a huge array of lighting products from period traditional, to the latest innovations in technology and design can be viewed. Our ranges are selected not only to give you a wide choice of products covering just about every application, but to also offer you what we believe to be the best in quality and value for money.
In addition to our retail showroom, we also offer our products for sale on this website. Whilst it is not possible to show everything here that we display in our showroom, you will find an excellent range of products available to buy online. We constantly update the website to ensure that we bring you the latest designs as they become available.
Whether you visit us online or in store, our friendly and knowledgeable staff members are always on hand to help with any enquiry you may have no matter how small or large. Unlike many companies we make our products and services available to you at the same price in store as online.
We sincerely hope that your experience of this website and our store is positive and we always welcome feedback which can be left via our Contact Page, website helpline, or by contacting our store directly.
Thank you for visiting our website.
Our Derby Showroom
Of course for many shopping isn't shopping without the showroom experience where you can see, touch or feel the real thing as well as getting good face to face advice. We take great care that our showroom provides our customers with a fantastic range of decorative lighting products in a friendly, helpful and welcoming environment. Please remember though that if you are planning a visit to our showroom to see products that you have seen on our website, please ring the store in advance to confirm that the item you want to view is on display. We also take pride in offering our goods and services and the same price in store as online.
Store Contact Information, Maps and Opening Hours
Returns Policy for In Store Transactions
Please note that the terms and conditions covering the return of goods in store are different from those which cover orders placed on line. Please click here for online Terms and Conditions of sale.
If you have any concerns regarding our Returns Policy please contact the store using the contact details listed above.
- Unwanted Items Most unwanted items can be returned to the store for a full refund on or within 14 calendar days from the date of purchase. The date of purchase being the date the customer took possession of the goods. Please note that not all items are included in this policy and while every effort is made to inform the customer of excluded items, it is the customer's ultimate responsibility to ensure that the item being purchased can be returned to store unwanted. Typical examples of goods that are excluded from our Returns Policy would include reduced goods marked with red SALE tickets; non stock items which have been specially ordered for a customer; goods which have been manufactured or altered to a customer's specifications; certain mirrors and crystal goods.
- You can only return unwanted items to store provided that:
- The goods are not excluded from our Returns Policy;
- The goods are returned to store on or within 14 calendar days from the date of purchase;
- The goods are returned with the correct sales receipt (for customers who have ordered goods this is the receipt issued when you collect or had the goods delivered);
- The goods are returned to store in a condition to be immediately resold without intervention by us;
- The goods are returned with all exterior and interior packaging intact;
- The goods are returned with all parts, accessories and instruction manuals.
- If unwanted items are returned outside of the conditions listed above an exchange or credit note of the purchase price of the goods may be offered strictly at the Store Manager's discretion.
- You can only return unwanted items to store provided that:
- Damaged Items
- Please inspect your goods as soon as you take possession of them and report any instance of damage or physical defect to the store within 28 days of purchase.
- Do not install non portable lighting fixtures (items which are connected to first fix mains supply and not via a conventional plug socket) before you have checked them for damage or physical defect. Please note that the act of installation by you or any third party constitutes your legal acceptance of the goods.
- We will issue a refund or exchange of damaged unused goods that are reported to us on or within 28 days of possession.
- Warranty Claims
- All products supplied by After Dark Lighting are covered by warranty for a period of 12 months from the date of possession.
- If you have an item that develops a fault during this period please contact the store. We will advise you on the most appropriate course of action to take, which may include returning the item to us for testing. Provided that the fault has not arisen directly or indirectly through misuse, incorrect assembly and/or installation, we will repair or replace the faulty item free of charge.
If you wish to discuss any aspect of returning goods please contact the store where a member of staff will be happy to help.
Ordering By Telephone
Customers are welcome to place orders in store by telephone, however please kindly note the following restrictions when paying for goods by telephone:
- If you wish to pay by card over the telephone and collect the order in store, we will charge a minimum 20% deposit with the outstanding balance being payable in store via Chip and Pin. If you change your order at any time prior to collection we will refund the original deposit when you collect the revised order, and recharge the full amount via Chip and Pin. In all cases the person paying for the goods must be the person who collects the goods.
- If you wish to pay by card over the telephone and have your order delivered, we can only deliver to the card holder's registered address.
Please note that our staff are not permitted to make exceptions to these restrictions under any circumstances.