Returns Procedure (On Line Purchases Only)
Please note that the policies for the return of goods purchased on line and for the return of goods purchased in store are different. This section covers returns for on line purchases only, if you wish to view our returns policy for in store purchases please visit the Our Stores page.
The information provided here details the procedure you must follow, and the online forms that must be completed in the My Account area when returning goods to us for any reason. Please note that the return of goods to us is strictly subject to our full terms and conditions of sale.
If you are unsure about how to proceed, please contact us via our contact page where a member of staff will be happy to help. For your convenience the returns procedure is broken down into the following paragraphs:
- You can cancel your order at any time up until the point at which the goods have been dispatched. All payments will be refunded to your account within 30 days.
- If you wish to cancel your order after the goods have been dispatched you must follow the appropriate returns procedure described in the Unwanted Items paragraph once you have received your goods.
- It is important to thoroughly check all items in your order as soon as they are delivered. Please note that once the delivery has been made you are the legal owner of the goods and as such are liable for loss or destruction.
- You must report any damages via our Return Request form within 48 hours from the point of delivery. To report damaged goods to us please follow the instructions in the Opening a Returns Request paragraph.
- Once we have received your returns request we will process it immediately. If the request is authorised and depending on whether you have requeted a replacement or refund we will either:
- Contact you to arrange delivery of spare parts if the damage is restricted to parts that can easily be changed by you.
- Send an email authorising you to return the goods to us if we cannot remedy the damage by issuing spare parts. This email will confirm your Returns Number. To return the goods to us please follow the instructions in the Returning Goods paragraph.
- Send an email authorising you to return the goods if you have requested a refund which will confirm your Returns Number. To return the goods please follow the instructions in the Returning Goods paragraph.
- Customers who require urgent damage replacements must order a new fitting in the normal way and return the damaged item for a refund as described above. We regret we cannot issue free of charge replacements until damaged items have been received and the returns process completed.
- If we have declined the Returns Request you will be sent an email explaining the decision.
- Once we have received the damaged goods they will be fully inspected and tested. Provided the goods are returned as requested, we will either:
- Send a replacement fitting immediately (subject to availability) and refund the return postage incurred to your account within 30 days.
- Refund the purchase price of the goods and the cost of return postage incurred to your account within 30 days.
- Should your goods develop a fault or defect whilst under warranty or if you have any other concerns about your goods please report the fault by opening a Returns Request as described in the Opening A Returns Request paragraph.
- Once we have received the Returns Request we will process it immediately. We will either:
- Contact you with possible remedies to the fault.
- Contact you to arrange delivery of spare parts if the fault ca be rectified by parts that can be easily changed by you.
- Send an email authorising you to return the goods whichl will confirm your Returns Number. To return the goods please follow the instructions in the Returning Goods paragraph.
- If we decline the Returns Request you will be sent an email explaining our decision.
- Once we have received the damaged goods they will be fully inspected and tested. Please note that testing of goods returned under warranty may involve testing at the manufacturer’s premises. In all cases the claim will be processed as quickly as possible. If you claim is upheld we will either:
- Repair and return the item at no cost to you and refund any return postage incurred to your account within 30 days.
- Issue a new replacement item at no cost to you and refund any return postage incurred to your account within 30 days.
- We will decline a warranty claim if testing proves that the fault has arisen directly or indirectly as a result of misuse which would include incorrect assembly and/or installation. An email will be sent confirming our decision together with any relevant documentation. The goods will be made available for the customer to collect.
- It is your right to cancel all or part of the contract under the Distance Selling Regulations. If you wish to return unwanted items you must notify us by completing a Returns Request as described in the Opening A Returns Request paragraph on or within 7 working days commencing the day following delivery.
- Unwanted goods can only be returned provided:
- The goods are unused (not assembled, installed or connected to the mains supply).
- The goods are returned with all interior and exterior packaging intact and in a condition to be resold immediately.
- The goods are returned with all components and instruction manuals supplied.
- The goods have not been damaged during return transit to us.
- The Returns Request has been received on or within 7 days.
- We will process the Returns Request as soon as possible. Provided the request is received by us within the 7 working day limit we will send an email authorising you to return the goods, this email will also include your Returns Number. To return the goods please follow the instructions in the Returning Goods paragraph.
- Once we have received the returned items they will be inspected and provided they have been returned as requested we will issue a refund of the purchase price of the goods to your account within 30 days. Please note the cost of returning unwanted items must be met by the customer.
- It is strongly advised that you read through the paragraph in this area which best describes the reason why you wish to make a return request before completing this stage.
- Go to the My Account page.
- Select Orders and choose the relevant order and click Open Return Request.
- Tick the item/s that are damaged or wish to return, the quantity and select the appropriate reason.
- In the What Would You Like To Do? Please select if you require a replacement/s or refund.
- Please leave a description of the damage in the Comments. For example “Arrived with smashed glass shade” or “Arrived with Broken Arm”
- Click Return.
- Your request will be sent to us and you will receive an email confirmation. Once your request has been processed you will receive a decision via email. You can also check the status of any Return Request you have made be clicking on Return Requests in the My Account area.
- If you have been authorised to return the goods to us please do so following the procedure described in the Returning Goods paragraph.
- Goods cannot be returned without prior authorisation from us.
- Authorisation is obtained by following the procedure described in the Opening A Returns Request paragraph. Our staff cannot give authorisation to return goods over the telephone.
- Goods must be sent on or within 14 calendar days commencing the day after the returns authorisation email has been received.
- You are initially responsible for the act and cost of returning all goods to us. The cost of returning damaged or warranty claim goods will refunded to your account once the returns procedure has been successfully completed.
- You must obtain and enclose a receipt for the cost of return postage, we cannot reimburse your return postage without this.
- The reimbursement of return postage costs for damaged or warranty claim goods is subject to reasonable limits. It is recommended that you use Standard Parcel Services only. Do not return goods to us using timed or weekend services.
- The return postage cost of unwanted goods must be met by you.
- You must take reasonable care to ensure that goods are not damaged during transit. It is recommended to use an insured service when returning unwanted goods.
- Please ensure that your Returns Number provided with the returns authorisation email is clearly marked on the exterior of all returned packages.
- Please return all Goods to:
After Dark Lighting Ltd.
19-21 Babington Lane
- If you have any concerns regarding any aspect of this returns procedure don’t hesitate to contact us on the helpline or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org